When most families are picking their holiday destination, they’re looking for one thing: sunshine. We all want to get away from our rainy, dreary home country and explore exotic lands. We’re looking for a good tan, warm climates, and guaranteed sunshine. Don’t worry, there are plenty of places around the world that get sun all year round. We’ve rounded up a list of our favourites and you can be sure to avoid disappointment.
- Canary Islands. – The Canary Islands are the closest exotic location to the UK, which makes them perfect for holiday-goers. Tenerife, Lanzarote, and Fuerteventura are volcanic islands with an average temperature of 23-30°C. They’re also the most affordable destination on our list. You’ll find stunning beaches, great food, and plenty of culture to explore too.
- Italy – So long as you avoid the Alps in the north, you’ll find plenty of sun in Italy all year round. Head to the southern tip of Puglia for a Greek feel to your holiday. Or hit the Amalfi coast in the west for awe-inspiring coastal towns. You could also hop across to Sicily where the average summer temperature is 30°C.if you are planning an Italian getaway, it’s well worth booking a holiday villa from www.qualityvillasitaly.co.uk. It’s the best way to give yourself freedom to explore the country.
- India. – If you’re looking for something different to the typical European destinations, look to India. The country gets nearly 300 sunny days a year and is rich with cultural heritage. You’ll discover a whole new way of life and sample some incredible food. The cities are like nothing you’ve experienced, and the beaches are pristine. Just be sure to avoid the monsoon season or you’ll see no sun at all!
- Australia – It might be a 24 hour plane journey away, but it’s worth every minute. Australia is a magnificent continent with lots to see and do. The coastal cities on the east, like Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane are a hotbed of tourist activity. There are plenty of beaches along the way too. Make your way inland and you’ll discover the Australian outback. It’s one of the hottest and driest places on earth and complete with stunning natural wonders.
- Florida - Florida has long been a family destination thanks to its world-famous theme parks. Disney World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens and Seaworld are just some of the amazing places on offer. You’ll also find the NASA museum and a swamp full of alligators in the Everglades. Best of all it’s sunny and hot most of the year! It’s also a great cruise destination with close proximity to the Caribbean islands. Head down south to the Florida Keys for the best experience.
- Morocco – Finally, where better to end our list than the continent of Africa? Steeped in native history, Morocco is a wonderful mix of African and Arabic culture. It has a beautiful coastline and cities that balance European, Middle-Eastern and African customs. If you’ve never had the pleasure of visiting Africa, it’s well worth starting here.
If you’re feeling a lack of vitamin D in your life, these countries are here for you! With endless sunny days and high temperatures, you’re guaranteed to find the sun.